content unrecognizable

I am using 4.3 with OS 9. I just recently upgraded from a Mac G3 to a G4 dual (800?). At that time, I installed my 4.3 version. It does backups and restores no problem. The problem is that I can't restore from any of my old catalogs. I am using the same AIT tape drive that the backups were done on originally. When I hit restore, the catalog name doesn't come up in the list. After I go and double click on the old catalog name (it's not the same color as new catalogs created in this version) it then shows up in the list. After going through all the menus, choosing a destination drive for restore, etc., the program then asks for the tape and after I insert it, the message "content unrecognizable" comes up. If I try to recreate a catalog from the tape, I get the same message. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Curtis

Is it the catalogs or the tapes that are having problems?

Forgetting the catalogs for a moment, insert various tapes in the drive. Do they all show up correctly? Do only the old tapes show up as content unrecognized? Is it *all* old tapes that show up like this?

How many tapes do you have?