re-cataloging prob

I had a major malfunction the other day and had to initialize my hard drive. I lost everything but was proud of the fact that I had just backed up everything the day before. I didn't have the catalog saved so I tried to recreate the catalog. I was unable to do this and received the following error messages on all of the disks I have tried:

Bad StorageSet Header found (0x16a24039 at 0)

Bad StorageSet Header found (0xeeeeeeee at 69,352)

Trouble reading: “1-StorageSet Jan02” (71172096), error 100 (device rejected command).

I have OS9.0 installed and am using Retrospect Express 4.1A and have updated to driver 1.8.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IreneS, ... thank you for your reply to the original poster ... I, too, have run into the very same problem as the person above. SORT OF => I upgraded from OS 9.1 to OS 9.2 ... I also reinitialized my hard disk, having created a backup of specific user-created/needed/important files before upgrading to 9.2 and reinitialized the hard disk. I am now unable to retrieve my saved/backed-up files!

(I am now wondering if the backups I had been creating for some time under OS 9.1, not needing any restores since using 9.1, are also irretrievable!?!!)

** GASP!! **

Irene, do you mean, in your reply of "Upgrade to the latest version of Retrospect Express and this error should go away" that:

........... a) Running 9.x and owning Retrospect Express 4.1a, I must upgrade to Retrospect Express 5.0 (or is there an upgrade to something in the 4.x level? - I have 4.1a with the current drivers installed)

......... B) And, by your statement "and this error will go away"... Do you mean I will be able to retrieve the files I had just-backed-up-before-upgrading_from-9.1-to-9.2 if I upgrade?

thank you very much for your time and response!