Backup to CD-RW

The following is from our knowledgebase:

Why Retrospect Backup CDs Cannot Be Read in a standard CD-ROM Drive

Retrospect requires that you use your CD-R/RW drive for all backup and restore operations. Retrospect created CDs are accessed only through the Retrospect application. They do not mount on the Mac OS or Windows Explorer desktop.

"Regular" CDs are usually written with a streaming method, and then "finalized" in an ISO9660, MacOS, UDF, or audio format. What this means is that special formatting is written to a disc that "closes" the disc to prevent further writing, and allows it to be read by CD-ROM devices.

Retrospect backup discs aren't finalized, and are not written in mountable format, so they cannot be read in a CD-ROM drive which requires "finalized" discs.

Do you think this is related to the problem I'm having. I poste it to the forum but have had not response, here is what happened :

I just installed Retrospect on an iMac running 9.2.2. I'm backing up onto CD's for the first time. It took 6 CD's, and when it was done I got the usual message telling me to insert the first CD for the verification process. I waited for number 6 to eject, and it didn't. So I ejected it. It verified the first 5 CD's and then when I put in #6 told me that it was erased. I tried several times. Then I clicked on choices, it closed the cd and gave me an error log of over 200 pages. Now what do I do? This process took almost 6 hours, I hate to start over if I don't have to.

Can you help me?

marie