First time user/multiple error messages

I am trying to use Retrospect for the first time. I have 9.2.2 and a new LaCie CD-RW drive. I have gotten as far as the Immediate Backup dialog box but when I try to execute, it gets on file 9 then I get an error message after it kicks out my CD:

Trouble writing media: Device rejected command, error 100.

The CDs are blank, so it doesn't actually record any of the 9 files it goes through.

I have also seen the two following errors, but now I can't remember what I did before they came up: Incompatible format, error 217 and error 112.

It seems as though it doesn not like my choice of CD. I am using Memorex CD-RW, 1x-4x.

Seeing the other posts about 9.2.2 makes me wonder if this is a media problem or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Molly

Here's a Knowledgebase entry that may help you:

ERROR 100 (DEVICE REJECTED COMMAND)

This means that a command that Retrospect sent to your backup device was rejected by the hardware. This can be a result of software or hardware problems, or an indication that the drive is not supported by Retrospect.

First, ensure that you are using a supported device. The internal mechanism is the key to determining whether or not a drive is supported by Retrospect. This information can be found in the Device Status window (Configure -> Devices).

For a list of supported and pending drives please check our website or the Retrospect Readme.

Try new media and/or a different brand of media, if applicable. Check with your drive manufacturer to see if they have specific recommendations.

If your device is supported, try running a backup with minimal extensions to eliminate the possibility of a software conflict. If your backup device doesn't require special extensions to be seen, restart while holding down the shift key to turn extensions off. If your device requires special extensions, as most USB and FireWire devices do, use your Mac's Extension Manager to create a new set containing only Mas OS Base extensions plus those needed to access your device. Restart with this new set and try the backup again.

If you are still getting the error, see the device troubleshooting steps relevant to your device and interface. Search the Knowledgebase for USB, FireWire, SCSI or ATAPI troubleshooting.