How do you use Express?

I haven't been keeping my Retrospect Express backup current ever since I bought a CD burner to store my most important files. Any live jobs that I have going are backed up onto Zip disks.

I would like to hear how other people use Express to give me some ideas how I can put it to good use again.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Hi Bruce. Even if you have a relatively simple setup, it's no fun reinstalling your system & applications from scratch after having a catastrophic HD crash. While I have found HDs to be extremely reliable, they are not infallible. You play the odds when you don't backup everything, as I have found out.

I recently upgraded to a PowerMac G4 with an internal DVD-RAM drive. I use Retrospect Express to backup automatically to a 4.7GB DVD-RAM disk.

You can use EasyScript to create a script that automatically backs up your data. You can configure it to write to CD, removable media or tape, & specify what contents on your HD to backup. I still backup completed projects to removable media, but not while in progress. I use Retrospect to regularly backup everything.

Well, you could apply a label to a folder or folders that always contain the files you want to backup. For example, apply a HOT label to those folders, making sure that this label is not applied anywhere else. Then using Easyscript, create a script that backs up only folders with the HOT label.

This could be automated to happen daily at a particular time. Very easy to do.

Bill