Can't access volume Local Disk, error -1102 (drive missing/unavailable)

slikk

This happens every day with multiple Exchange servers that I administer. I know about unlicensing and licensing again to fix the problem, but that is only temporary, the problem always comes back within a day. Is there a permanent solution to this error? It seems hard to believe that EMC would not such a blatant bug for so long. Are they no longer updating Retrospect? Or have they just stopped caring about their customers?

Looking for a permanent fix for this problem, can anyone help? I don't want to switch backup software, I've used Backup Exec and it's awful compared to Retrospect, but this bug is a showstopper. I need a solution, and from the look of this forum so do other people.

Please help!!

Edit: I know about creating a Retrospect backup user and giving it the correct permissions. I have done this and it hasn't made a difference.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem occur on my Exchange server when the only that that changed over-night was a password change on the account that run the Retro backup.(staff member left so passwords are changed) I see no replies on this issue but I did notice that you said re-licensing it could help. I will try that but if anyone lese has some Ideas I'd love to hear them.

THanks!

Dan