Odyssey removeable Imation disk not working correctly-Need Help

I was using a REV drive fine. Bought a new 160 Gig Imation Odyssey drive and now Retrospect is choking. Drive is mounted on desktop, but Retrospect doesn't see it. I've enabled prefs for removeables, to no avail. Drive is seen if I power off drive with disk in it, and then turn on and reinsert disk. When script goes to second machine, it fails to see drive until I power off and reinsert. Then on completion, Retrospect hangs. Have to force quit after powering off the Odyssey.

When I tried to do the script using File instead of Removeable, Retrospect tried to write the file to my hard disk instead. I wasn't given an option of where to locate the file.

Any thoughts on this?

harris@dancingfrog.net

thanks

Quote:

ought a new 160 Gig Imation Odyssey drive and now Retrospect is choking. Drive is mounted on desktop, but Retrospect doesn't see it.

It sounds as if your device is not supported, or the device itself is not behaving as it should.

"Drives" are not mounted on the Desktop, Volumes are.

- What do you see when you go to Configure->Devices ?

> I've enabled prefs for removeables, to no avail

There is no preference for removables. The only preference is to treat non-removable hard drives as if they were removable devices.

> When I tried to do the script using File instead of Removeable, Retrospect tried to write

> the file to my hard disk instead. I wasn't given an option of where to locate the file.

When you create a File Backup Set, you get a standard file dialog to choose the location of the files. This is done before any Script runs.

But if you have more data then will fit on one Media Member, then a File Backup Set will not work for you.