Teac CD-54E

I have a Teac CD-54E that I have been using for a year to back up my network of Macs. When I first installed Retrospect 4.3 for Mac, it would not work. Someone at Dantz sent me a driver via email. In a lightning caused failure, I somehow lost that file and cannot retreve my data. What can I do? I cannot seem to get anyone back at customer support.

Thanks in advance

Will

Can you provide more information about your TEAC drive? Is it USB, Firewire or ATAPI?

Teac is the internal hardware, which is the only way we can identify the majority of drives. However, this particular mechanism is used by a variety of vendors. What is the manufacturer name on the external case?

Also, while in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Device Status. What is listed for Vendor, Product and Version?

It is an Ezquest clear cased usb. I found an email from EZQuest that they sent me a file called ISD USB-IDE Bridge that may have been what caused this drive to work. I have sent a return email to them in hope they still have a copy. If anybody else has one, please let me know.

Thanks so much

Will

I realize the drive is not in the compatibility list for retrospect. This does not help me in the fact that I have over 100 cd's of backup that I cannot access. I found an email from ezquest that they sent me a file called, ISD USB-IDE Bridge. Perhaps this is what I need to see the drive again. I have emailed them and requested it with my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Will

Amy

I understand your concern, but I am in the position that I really need that data. I was sent a file called ISD USB-IDE Bridge that was deleted. The agonizing part is that that file is obviously on my last backup :(

I have not had other problems with using this drive and system and have been very happy with Retrospect otherwise. My only other alternative is to buy another CD Writer.

Thanks Anyway

Will

Archived