There is a bug in preview whereby if you have a preview open, change the selectors in the script, then allow the preview to update while the total for the amount being stored (in Gb) is correctly updated, the "directory" listing indicating what is being backed up or not **IS NOT UPDATED**. You *must* close the preview, then re-open it to force it to update it properly. I'm very pissed off with this as for ages I *swore* that none of the pathname selections work.

Further trials show that you can toggle the arrow on the Macintosh HD folder closed then open again to force the listing to be updated properly.

Of course EMC hasn't updated Retrospect on the Mac in how long...?, so we're not going to see a bug-fix for this, so this is just a head's up to save others the crazy waste of time I've experienced.

Quote:

There is a bug in preview whereby if you have a preview open, change the selectors in the script, then allow the preview to update while the total for the amount being stored (in Gb) is correctly updated, the "directory" listing indicating what is being backed up or not **IS NOT UPDATED**.

I don't see this; best as I can tell, the Browser window dynamically reflects changes made to Selectors (see steps below).

Now, the Browser window does not seem to dynamically update what files are Highlighted, but that can easily be updated by selecting "Highlight Marks" from the Browser menu.

Can you more thoroughly describe what you are seeing?

Steps:

- Retrospect 6.2.126

- Define modestly populated folder as a Retrospect Subvolume ("Foo")

- Immediate Backup. Source: Foo, Destination: File Backup Set

- Selecting: All Files

- Click Preview

- Note all files are Marked (blue checkmarks along left side of Browser window)

- With Browser window open, click "Selecting" and change to more restrictive selector ("Include files matching:file name contains mxyzptlk")

- Note Marks in Browser window disappear

- Click "Selecting" again, change back to All Files

- Note Marks in Browser window reappear

- Rinse, Lather and Repeat