Retrospect does not recognize Removeable Disc

Using Retrospect 5.0 on a Mac G5 w/OSX - Will not recognize my device for backup (Removeable Drive using USB) - Other machines recognize same drives using firewire - retrospect version 6.1 has option in preferences/madia handling to recognize USB but no such option in version 5 - will an upgrade or newer version allow recognition of my drive using USB? Please help!

Quote:

will an upgrade or newer version allow recognition of my drive using USB?

Perhaps.

Quote:

Please help!

Please provide enough information so that we can help!

You have not provided any information regarding the version of Mac OS X.

You have not provided any information regarding your brand/model of "Removable Drive using USB".

What does Apple System Profiler say about the drive?

Here is the database of supported devices:

Retrospect database of supported devices

See also this note on the Retrospect supported devices page:

Quote:

Hard Disk Drive/Removable Note:
All Hard Disk Drives and Removable Media Drives are fully supported (excluding Floppy Disk Drives).

Russ

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am using retrospect V6. I want to use my old snap server quantum 4100 as a backup drive - it has 240 GB space.

When I try to write a script, I can not get the option to choose this hard drive. I have the icon on my desktop, and the server is connected on a T100 network to my Mac (OSX 10.4)

Please tell me how to get this hard drive lcan be read by retrospect so i can begin using it for backing up every night.

thanks

Creative

Creative,

I suggest that you start a new thread for your help request because your request has nothing to do with the original poster's problem. The original poster was asking questions about a directly-attached removable disk, and you seem to be trying to do backup to a network drive.

When you do start that new thread, I suggest that you provide some information so that we can try to help you:

(1) What flavor of Retrospect do you have? See the product comparison matrix:

http://www.emcinsignia.com/products/smb/retroformac/comparison/

(2) What version of Retrospect do you have? ("V6" is not sufficient. Version is 6.x.y)

(3) What Retrospect Driver Update ("RDU") do you have installed? (see Retrospect logs)

(4) What protocol is being used to mount the snap server drive? (Get Info on the mounted icon - what "format" does it have?)

(5) What version of Mac OS X? (10.4.?)

(6) What type of Macintosh hardware do you have?

(7) What type of backup set are you trying to create on the destination?

Russ