Sign in to follow this  
billfava

Disaster Recovery ISO creation ends with -1132 error messages

EMC Professional

Version 7.5.387

Driver Update and Hot Fix 7.5.12.103

+ Executing Prepare for Disaster Recovery at 8/2/2007 04:31 PM

From Backup Set Backup Set B, Snapshot WinDoze_XP (C:) 7/31/2007 09:30 PM

To CD-ROM image file Restore WinDoze_XP.iso...

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\atl.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\mfc42.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\mfc42u.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\msvcp60.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\COMCTL32.DLL": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\msvcirt.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\msvcrt.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\msvcirt.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\msvcrt.dll": cannot write, error -1132 (file creation error on destination volume)

8/2/2007 04:43:31 PM: 9 execution errors

I have exactly the same problem(s), using the same patched version. It does not seem to be a permissions thing. Could it be because the .iso image file is larger than 700MB? That is, does Retrospect "think" it's actually writing a CD-R and has exceeded the media capacity, hence "cannot write" even though I have told it to "continue."?

I have the same problem with same version. I also notice that the files are missing from the file path shown in the diagnostic. Could it be that the files are not written there by Retrospect.

Jerry

I've started to get this -1132 (file creation error on destination volume) error message as well since applying the last update, and have not been able to make a current recovery CD since then. Has anyone had any official communication from Retrospect acknowleging this problem? If not, is anyone going to pony up the $70 it will cost to make a bug report?

-Tom