RP client issues with Windows Vista

BwG

Late last year I built myself a new computer, running Windows XP. It has RP 7.5.387 currently installed and has an external hard drive, which I use for backing up not only my own computer, but also my wife's computer, via our home network (100 BASE T). A few month's ago I built a similar new computer for my wife, except that it has Windows Vista Ultimate. Now the questions:

1) On my wife's new Vista machine, I installed the RP client that came with RP 7.5.370. When I run the client, it proclaims version 7.5.116. Is that correct for Vista? I ask this because, when I start the client manually, there is a message stating that I'm trying to run a legacy CPL elevated.

2) Is there any issue with using an XP server to back up a Vista client?

3) Are there any special setups needed on the Vista client machine in order for the RP client to operate, e.g. any particular access permissions? I ask this because backups begin fine, but after a while (from a few minutes to tens of minutes) there is an error -519, network communication error. We also have a Sony laptop that runs Vista Business, so I set it up, on a different part of our home network, and tried to back it up, but it presented the same error after a while. So then I took my wife's old computer out of the closet, which runs XP, and did a fresh backup (over the network) of the whole of it's C drive. It took all night, but there were no errors. Hence the appearance that there may be something odd about my configuration, or something additional that needs to be set up with Vista.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Graham