7.5 Complete Restore wasn't complete.

I purchasd the Retrospect Disk-to-Disk v7.5 product last year, and have been running full backups including system files for a year now on our dev server. Its a single server Win 2003. The disk array completely died, so I did a reinstall of the OS, installed Restrospect, then did a restore in Retrospect from the latest Snapshot - I had it overwrite the whole drive. It did the restore and I rebooted - it came up fine with a few errors, but almost nothing runs now - IIS, SQL Server, nothing is completely restored!! What gives??? Whats the point if I can't do a full restore??

• 5 months later...

More specific details are needed to help you.

What actually happens during startup? What exactly did the log say after the restore? Did the Windows Event log report errors during startup?

What was the EXACT version of Windows installed at the time you did the restore? What was the EXACT version of Windows installed at the time of the backup?

Did you try booting in AD Recovery mode after the first restart? Did the helper service start after the restart?

Have you tried to restore from a prior snapshot?

Have you talked with Tech Support about this problem? The forum is not an official method for contacting support, and urgent issues will get resolved more quickly by calling directly.