"Transfer Backup Set" not working properly...

We have Retrospect SS Ver. 7.5.370, with drivers and hotfix version: 7.5.11.100.

We have several transfer backup set scripts that are failing regularly with the message:

Executing 1-Tuesday (REV) at 5/8/2007 11:59 PM (Execution unit 1)

To Backup Set Tuesday Backup...

5/8/2007 11:59:01 PM: Recycle backup: The Backup Set was reset

- 5/8/2007 11:59:01 PM: Transferring from Tuesday (LOCAL)

No files need to be transferred

5/8/2007 11:59:01 PM: Execution completed successfully

We are first creating local backup sets each day on a staging disk, then tranferring each backup set to different REV disks each day (after they're recycled).

The staging backup has already finished and verifies successfully, well before the transfer attempts occur. (The staging backups typically finish around 10:00 to 10:30 PM each night, and the transfers attempt to run at 11:59 each night (the same night))

The scheduled transfers almost always fail, but if we try to run the tranfers manually, they always succeed.

Help! crazy.gif

I forgot to mention that it's Retrospect Single Server on Windows Server 2003 (up-to-date)

Yes, the REV drive is functioning when the transfer fails.

(I know, unheard of for REV drives :~)

Does anyone know of any issues that are similar to this one?

• 8 months later...

It's been over eight months now on this issue and I still haven't gotten a response back from someone that "knows".

We are STILL having this same issue. It seems to occur randomly.

I have gone so far as completely uninstalling Retrospect, deleting the config files (and backup) and setting up Retropect again from scratch including installation of all Retrospect service packs and updates and creating all of the backup sets, schedules, etc... again.

We are doing a LOCAL backup to LOCAL disk for backup staging, then transferring the contents of that backup to a REV drive for archiving and for taking off-site.

The LOCAL backup runs when it should, copying the files that it should and we get a good backup set when it's finished, then when it comes time for the TRANSFER to run and transfer the backup set to the REV drive, it recycles the REV backup set (like it should) and then simply reports "No files need to be tranferred" in the log file. That is NOT the CASE!!! -- Retrospect just reset the catalog file and ALL THE FILES NEED TO BE TRANSFERRED!!!

Here is the end of the LOCAL backup log:

- 1/28/2008 11:04:22 PM: Verifying Monday (LOCAL)

1/28/2008 11:15:45 PM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 159683 files, 36.9 GB

Performance: 3335.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:11:22 (00:00:04 idle/loading/preparing)

Here is an actual log of this occuring:

+ Executing Monday (REV) at 1/29/2008 12:01 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Backup Set Monday Backup...

1/29/2008 12:01:01 AM: Recycle backup: The Backup Set was reset

- 1/29/2008 12:01:04 AM: Transferring from Monday (LOCAL)

No files need to be transferred

1/29/2008 12:01:04 AM: Execution completed successfully

BTW, the file selectors are set for "All files" for the transfer of the backup sets.

I would appreciate some brain-storming here if anyone has some ideas.

Thanks.