Exch Agent 7.0

Is anybody familiar with this product? I run multi-server 7.0 and it works perfect. I just created my first exchange server and bought this agent to back up about 15 mailboxes/1 public store.

I added the license that was emailed to me in multi-server/license Manager. I tried to add client and I keep getting a error 541. Did some research as to how to backup the exchange and error 541” (backup client not installed or running) is suppose to be about software installed on the exchange server.

Is there more software I am supposed to install on the exchange server? From within the multi-server or exchange server agent? Anybody know?

You should just install the Retrospect client onto your Exchange Server, add your Exchange Server as a client and then made sure the entire Mailbox Storage or individual mailboxes are selected as an 'active' volume within the client. It should prompt you to ask if you wish to use the Exchange Agent license on this server... job done.

Once done, just run an 'All' backup on the server and it should backup whatever you've set it to.

edit: also check the Retrospect Client service is running on your server and you don't have a firewall blocking access.

Rich