Sign in to follow this  
helpdesk

Can't backup public folders error -3420

I can't figure out why I can't backup my public folders. It is backing up mailboxes no problem. Once it gets to the public folder it errors out almost immediately. Permissions? Corruption? Any thoughts?

entire log:

+ Normal backup using Exchang1 Incr public folder at 3/28/2007 1:45 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Backup Set exch1 [001]...

- 3/28/2007 1:45:00 AM: Copying All Public Folders on exchang1

T-9: TMailboxFind::Init: GetContentsTable failed on folder 'All Public Folders\Company Shared Calendar & Contacts'., winerr -2147467259, error -3420

Scanning incomplete, error -3420 (unknown)

other info:

Retrospect 7.5.10.104

Win Server 2003 EE sp2

This is a new setup, I've never successfully backed up these public folders.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Philo

I changed the public folder

Company Shared Calendar & Contacts

to:

Company Shared Calendar and Contacts

Will run a backup tonight. I think I read somewhere that &s were not good.

If the problem is happening only on that one public folder there may be a corrupt message. Try moving the data to a new folder and see if it can be backed up.

I don't want to move the data (I do though to rule out the corrupt message possibility) because it is in production getting hit constantly. I think it has more to do with the fact that the folder isn't located on that mailserver and that retrospect is seeing the replica. Retrospect only gives one option on public folders and that it to select "all public folders." If I could select individual public folder I could tell it which ones are really on that mail server as opposed to other mail servers. For now I am not going to back up public folders because they are being replicated on other servers. All suggestions welcome.