Exchange 2007

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know when to expect Exchange 2007 support? We are finishing Exchange 2007 deployment and stuck with no backup set up, definitely Dantz Retrospect is going to be the option to proceed since it the best choice in its class!

But when?!

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quote:

447 views and only 6 responses... Amy (or anyone) - any word?

You are looking in the wrong place if you expect word on release of new versions / improvements. This forum is user-to-user support. None of us have inside information regarding Retrospect product development or whether there is any going on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has there been any word yet on Exchange 2007 support? I've grown to really like Retrospect, but this is a major sore point. I've had Exchange 2007 for 5 months now, and the only backup I can do is based on file backups on the databases.

I'd just be happy to have a rough ETA.

I'm sure they are tired of hearing it, but if you could please pass up the chain another, "we really need this". Email backup is, quite obviously, an important part of a good backup strategy. The current state for those of us who made the jump to 2007 does not make us comfortable.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I would like to throw my hat in on this one too. I am going to have to start looking for another product soon, I mean Exchange 2007 SP1 is weeks away. You aren't going to have support for a product until after SP1? Can you do business like that? That is really disapointing, retrospect was cutting edge at one time.

Ditto on the hat throwing here too. We've had Exchange 2007 implemented since the early Exhcange 2007 betas and having backup integrated into Retrospect would be a major blessing.

Just an FYI, for those of you are seeking to backup Exchange 2007, you can use the built-in Windows Backup (NTBackup) tool to backup Exchange 2007. That being said, it is certainly no substitute for an Exchange agent, since you'll have to monitor two systems, manage two sets of backup media, and maintain two backup schedules.

I have another question: IF support for E12 is indeed coming, what does the future hold for Retrospect? Will there be a new version? Support? Etc.?

The issue is that even though all other products pale in comparison to Retrospect, EMC/Insignia will lose a MASSIVE portion of their market if they do not stay with the current product offerings.

I had to use BE11 on my Exchange 2007 box, and am NOT happy. Unfortunately, I am having a very difficult time telling my customers to stick with Retrospect -- just wait for the update -- hoping that it will come soon. With most people, if they spend $3000 to $5000 on another backup solution, they won't come back to Retrospect.

If this is not the place to express the DIRE NEED for this agent, what is?