-34 saturated volume with 150Gig+ left...

> Does someone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Not without more information from you.

> I'm backing up to a 500Gig external LaCie firewire disk

Actually, Retrospect backs up to Backup Sets. There are multiple Types of Backup Sets, and they can be used with various Types of Media. Readers are unaware if you are using a File Backup Set stored on the external FW drive, or if you are using a Removable Backup Set with the FW drive being used as the first Member.

> my scripts refuse to work, and all I get is this nonsense -34 error...

Is "-34 saturated volume" the entire message, verbatim?

-34 is indeed an Apple Disk Full error (dskFulErr), that Retrospect is apparently passing on from the operating System.

At what point in the Backup do you get the message?

There is much you have not described or explained. It's up to you to describe your configuration, your steps taken, etc etc, if you'd like otheres to offer suggestions.

>> I'm backing up to a 500Gig external LaCie firewire disk

>Actually, Retrospect backs up to Backup Sets. There are multiple Types of Backup Sets, and they can be used with >various Types of Media. Readers are unaware if you are using a File Backup Set stored on the external FW drive, or if >you are using a Removable Backup Set with the FW drive being used as the first Member.

Ok, I was just using this to give more details as to what environment it's being used. Also just in case it might help, there's no partition on that drive either.

>> my scripts refuse to work, and all I get is this nonsense -34 error...

>Is "-34 saturated volume" the entire message, verbatim?

Well, in French it says exactly: "erreur -34 (volume saturé)"

>-34 is indeed an Apple Disk Full error (dskFulErr), that Retrospect is apparently passing on from the operating System.

>At what point in the Backup do you get the message?

I get that as soon as free space gets lower than say, 200Gig. And I get that for all my scripts. Now wait, I'm checking in the Finder and it can't copy either... hu ho.... on to LaCie... let's see what they have to say about this...

>There is much you have not described or explained. It's up to you to describe your configuration, your steps taken, etc > etc, if you'd like otheres to offer suggestions.

I didn't have much more to describe more than that, and I try to add as I go. But already you put me on an interesting path... I'm sure it has something to do with that drive and not Retrospect. I'll keep you posted, in case other might have similar problems with 500Gig LaCie drives.