Error message

jbre

A couple of days ago I purchased Western Digital external drive (120 gig) to backup my C drive on my Dell Dimension 4500 with Win XP OS. I'm an old guy (74) and have been left behind in the high tech world so I am not sure of what I am doing. When I got home with the West. Dig. HD I put the Dantz Retrospect CD in the drive (after hooking up the unit to my PC) and durng the install process selected to transfer the data manually. It appeared that the data was transfered to the new HD and everything was ok. Then I decided, what the heck, and punched the button on the HD so that the data transfer would be daily, automatic. Then I got the following message: Script WD Automatic Backup is next for execution but the configuration is not ready. Can't access volume (shows a file folder) Backup of drive C © on WD USB 2 (F:), error - 1102 (drive missing/unavailable). I do not understand this error message. I'm sure the soultion to this problem is here on the fourm someplace but I would not recognize it if I saw it. Can someone please tell me how to get back to square one and start over with a clean slate or fix my screw up. Thanks very much in advance for any and all advice or suggestions. John in El Paso frown.gif