Script stopping execution incomplete,more clients to go??? -1020

Windows 2000 pro, sp3

Retrospect Backup Server Edition 5.6.132

I've got a script ( a normal script, NOT A BACKUP SERVER SCRIPT) that seems to quit as soon as it get's some errors on a client. The error I'm seeing is....

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

I get some random amount of these, in this case 13, but I've had clients getting more or less. The script then simply stops even though there are more files on this client to backup and there are more clients to connect to and backup. The message in the log is simply...

5/15/2003 11:04:56 PM: Execution incomplete

Completed: 97 files, 37.7 MB

Performance: 23.2 MB/minute

Duration: 00:29:45 (00:01:23 idle/loading/preparing)

5/15/2003 11:04:56 PM: Execution incomplete

Total performance: 8.6 MB/minute

Total duration: 01:04:43 (01:00:09 idle/loading/preparing)

Quit at 5/16/2003 12:14 PM

The script has 4 more clients to check on which it simply skips with no message about them in the log.

The script has NO time restrictions put on when it can run.

The preferences for retrospect/special/preferences..

EXECUTION

lookahead 4 hours

schedule 8:57 pm to 8:00 am

no security password

Unattended.....enable launcher,automatically launch, quit when execution complete

NOTIFICATION

every option is checked

You can see from the log that retrospect DOES NOT QUIT, it's just sitting there on my desktop when I log in to the pc and quits when I exit the program manually. I'm learning to live with retrospect never quitting at the end of execution but having it skip clients is much more of a worry

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

You can see from the log that retrospect DOES NOT QUIT, it's just sitting there on my desktop when I log in to the pc and quits when I exit the program manually.

What specifically is on the screen? In other words, what is Retrospect doing when you come in?

Please post the entire log entry for this event.

"What specifically is on the screen? In other words, what is Retrospect doing when you come in?

Please post the entire log entry for this event. "

When I log in to the pc retrospect has it's progress window up with the progress indicator about 50% full and text on the progress indicator saying excution incomplete and on the source line it say's 7 of 8 clients. There is nothing special about the ABCDE client, if I move another client (12345) that should be backed up after ABCDE so that 12345 precedes ABCDE, and 12345 generates a -1020 error ( 1 or more) then retrospect stops on 12345, skipping ABCDE and anything else. All the clients are windows, mostly win2000 but I've got nt, and xp as well.

The error log follows....

5/20/2003 10:45:45 PM: Copying Drive C (C:) on ABCDE

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

5/20/2003 11:03:37 PM: Execution incomplete

Completed: 9 files, 96.0 MB

Performance: 58.1 MB/minute

Duration: 00:17:52 (00:00:49 idle/loading/preparing)

5/20/2003 11:03:38 PM: Execution incomplete

Total performance: 28.8 MB/minute

Total duration: 01:03:26 (00:58:58 idle/loading/preparing)

• 4 weeks later...

Try temporarily removing the config55.bak and config55.dat files, located at:

C:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect

Launch Retrospect, enter your code, log in a few clients and script a backup to run a few minutes in the future (you can use existing backup sets). Quit Retrospect and watch the backup execute. Do you see the same errors?