canceled install won't die

How do I defeat a canceled installation that refuses to go away?

I canceled a Win 2000Retrospect Backup 5.6 installation because I had not logged in as admin. I re-logged in as Admin and installed the program, specifying it is being installed for anyone who uses the PC. Then I logged in as 'myself' and tried to launch retrospect. Instead of starting the program, it re-launched the installer and tried to continue with the original aborted installation..then crashed with a fatal error.

So i uninstalled everything, then even gave myself admin privileges...and reinstalled while logged in as 'myself' - but it still only re-launches the installer and tries to continue with the original canceled installation, then crashes with a fatal error.

So I can't run the program as 'myself' even with Admin rights...and although I can launch the program if I log in as Admin, it does no good because the Admin is not a member of my domain so there's nothing to back up from. HELP ;-x

Manually delete the files off of your hard drive.

Then go to your registry and remove anything that has to do with "retro".... (do a search for Retro and see what there is to remove).

That will get rid of a bad install of Retrospect.