inetpub

I'm running W2K. It seems no matter what I do to deselect O:\INETPUB and its subfolders, I get an error during the recording of the snapshot - that it cannot access o:\inetpub\catalog.wci\ various files - cannot read security information - error 1020 - sharing violation. What am I doing wrong, and what specifically should I do to deselect this folder and all subfolders/files.

I also have a similar problem - gobackio.bin cannot read security information error 1017 (insufficient permission), even though this file is excluded from the backup.

Am I doing something wrong in my selection logic. Help!!!

Thanks.

You're getting these errors not on the files themselves, but on the security permissions. Retrospect backs up security permissions using Microsoft APIs, which require that we back up ALL or NOTHING. Even if you exclude that file, Retrospect still tries to back up security permissions for the whole source (including the files and folders you've excluded).

Is there any specific security permissions that I can change to fix this? Why would only INETPUB be affected? You know this better than I - if you could, I'd really appreciate it if you could shed some light.

Also - what about gobackio.bin? Is this the same problem? That file is excluded, yet still causes errors.

These files are open, so most likely the operating system isn't allowing us to access the permissions. The files are being excluded from the backup, but you're going to see errors when you back up if you have the option to back up permissions turned on.

If you do not want to back up any permission, you can turn off the options by clicking the options button in your script or backup summary window. That will cause these errors to go away.