Disaster Recovery Fails

I have a reproducible case of disaster recovery failing on Windows XP. I've done lots of disaster recoveries before the without any problem, however this case seems like a clear bug in retrospect 5.6.

It looks like the failure is caused by not correctly updating registry files so that when I reboot on the final retry to start menu is incorrect and not all of the applications have been correctly restored. In

The restored appears to proceed properly, however I get an error updating the permissions on two files that don't exist. In past restores I've always had at least one error updating permissions on files that don't exist, so this seems like just a typical retrospect bug which I should be able to ignore.

The only thing that is different from past restores is that I'm updating of a RAID ATA disk.

The failure happens using two different tapes and is not caused by failures of the tape drive or media.

It's a bit frustrating that I can get through to danz technical support and any case it looks like they are charging 70 bucks to find a workaround for their bugs.

I'd be happy to stop by their offices to demonstrate the failure to their tech support group if they're interested.

I did some further tests to help narrow down the problem and discovered that the backup set did not contain all the files on the drive. This is a little surprising since the backup selection criteria was the same for all the machines in our network and only this one machine was missing files. I double and triple checked the selection criteria and they appear correct, so I can only assume that there was something unique about this drive which exclude certain files.