Purchasing Retrospect Express

Meri051846

I think my trial subscription runs out today, June 18/02. I want to

buy the program, but I have a few questions. Is this a one-time fee? How are

upgrades handled? How long can a person get technical support and is there a phone number or is the help all through this medium (forum)? I have accumulated 9 backup disks (CDR's) in Set A in the 30 days of my trial membership. This seems like a lot to me. Do I save all the disks forever and just keep adding to them? I would really like to get these questions answered so that I can feel comfortable about investing in your program.

Thanx!

Meri

Upgrades are sometimes free or paid. It's hard to say what the next one would be or not.

30 days of free phone tech support from date of purchase.

You can do a recycle backup. A recycle backup will erase all the media and then do a complete backup again. Sort of like starting all over. Otherwise the Normal (Incremental Plus) backup will continue to append to the end of the set, thus adding more media to the set.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If Meri is actually using CD-R's (not R/W's), then a Recycle would of course not really erase the media since the CD-R's are a write-once medium. If you do a "recycle" with CD-R, you basically just start over with a fresh set of disks (and you can eventually throw away the previous ones). The full backup probably takes several CDs initially, and then you start adding with each incremental backup.

Since CD-R's can't be reused, it seems like it would be less wasteful to just keep doing incrementals until the catalog gets too big to manage. Does this make sense?

Doug

Archived