acom data (mitsumi) FW-cdrw 4 mac

Hello. Just was handed an AcomData 32x10x40 external Firewire cd-r/w for my new backup drive. Yeah- I know we should have used one off the list of supported hdwe. But if intrepid (and misguided) people like my purchasing agent didn't go where no one has gone before, there would hardly be any progress, now would there?

I am told that it is a mitsumi device inside that box. It seems to be compatible with Toast Firewire Support - and I have yet to find the magic extension combo that allows retrospect to even see the thing. If a std. cd is loaded in the device it sees it as a "Toast CD Reader". But it comes up blank when empty or loaded with unburned media.

Any hints out there? Acom says this unit has been out over a year, so I'm hoping someone has broken this trail already.

Any help would be appreciated

Retrospect has its own drivers for all supported devices. If a device isn't supported, you won't be able to use it with Retrospect.

Check the mechanism in the drive (available from the Device Status window, from Configure > Devices) and compare this to the supported hardwre guide. If the drive isn't listed, Retrospect will not be able to write to the drive.

We do add device support often, so check back. It isn't possible to say, though, if or when this particular drive will be supported, as it depends on how the drive does in testing.

Best regards,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived