Scheduled 5.1.175 under Panther

Quote:

AmyJ said:

Known Issues When Using Retrospect With Panther (Mac OS X 10.3)

Article ID: 28093

Date Created: 2003-10-24

Date Modified: 2003-11-11

• Retrospect may inconsistently autolaunch. Leaving Retrospect running will allow for script execution.

This is a high priority for us, and the issue is being worked on by our engineeers.

Retrospect 5.1 and earlier are not fully Panther compatible. To be notified when Dantz has announced support for Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) and/or PowerMac G5 Support with Retrospect, join this mailing list.

So Amy, what's up. WHEN is this going to be fixed? cryrub.gif

Quote:

AmyJ said:

We believe this is fixed in Retrospect 6.0. Retrospect 6.0 will be available in English as an electronic download on January 26, 2004. The boxed product will be in the channel and in Apple stores by mid-February.

BTW, "we believe it is fixed in 6.0"?

Well, is it or isn't it? confused.gif

Amy,

I purchased the 5.1 upgrade on Dec 01, 2003. At the time, the Dantz bulletin about the Panther scheduling problem was misleading and incorrect. Since then, Dantz also stated that the fix for this problem was a high priority. I would like to know the procedure for getting the 6.0 upgrade at no charge.

To: (mbeckman)

Subject: Order Confirmation

Date: 1 Dec 2003 23:45:23 -0800

Dear Mel Beckman,

Thank you for placing an order at http://www.dantz.com/ . For your reference, your order number is 137431.

Dantz has said that the price for the 5.1 upgrade went up on Dec. 18 and that this is the same price that will be charged for the 6.0 upgrade. Those purchasing the 5.1 upgrade after 12/18 are entitled to the 6.0 upgrade for free. Those purchasing the 5.1 upgrade in the preceding month, 11/18-12/18, (when the price was lower) can get the upgrade to 6.0 for the difference in price.

Since you purchased on 12/1, you would be entitled to upgrade to 6.0 for the difference between whatever you paid and the current price. Just call the Dantz customer service number after Monday to find out how to do it.

Quote:

mcswgn said:

Dantz has said that the price for the 5.1 upgrade went up on Dec. 18 and that this is the same price that will be charged for the 6.0 upgrade. Those purchasing the 5.1 upgrade after 12/18 are entitled to the 6.0 upgrade for free. Those purchasing the 5.1 upgrade in the preceding month, 11/18-12/18, (when the price was lower) can get the upgrade to 6.0 for the difference in price.

Since you purchased on 12/1, you would be entitled to upgrade to 6.0 for the difference between whatever you paid and the current price. Just call the Dantz customer service number after Monday to find out how to do it.

The Dec 18th cutoff date appears to be in error. I paid $59.95 for the 5.1 upgrade. That is the price being charged for the 6.0 upgrade. I don't understand what Dantz is taking about, but in any event I feel that Dantz owes me the 6.0 upgrade for free, given the serious Panther incompatibilities in 5.1 that will never be fixed in that release.

I tried ordering the upgrade online today, but the online form insisted on charging me the full $59.95, so clearly Dantz' order processing system is not implementing anything like their stated upgrade policy. I tried speaking with Dantz customer service and the rep simply said they were too busy to answer questions, and that I should not expect to get a response to emails for several days. She declined to take my numbrer to call me back with answers.

Dantz is not responding very rapidly to online queries, is ignoring my email requests, and brushes off telephone callers. I've not been able to get a straight answer from Dantz on the upgrade, OR the fixed for Panther problems, since R6.0's announcement in early January.

I hope somebody at Dantz is paying attention.

-mel

Mel

As noted in another thread, the customer service manager will be contacting you later today.

Yesterday was the day of release and the phones and website were SUPER busy. It was not possible to respond to emails in less then 24 hours, but forum posts have been replied to in a very short period of time, sometimes within minutes of posting.

Quote:

Mayoff said:

Mel

As noted in another thread, the customer service manager will be contacting you later today.

Yesterday was the day of release and the phones and website were SUPER busy. It was not possible to respond to emails in less then 24 hours, but forum posts have been replied to in a very short period of time, sometimes within minutes of posting.

I appreciate the hard work you do, and understand about the flood of calls starting Monday. But your statement isn't accurate at all. I'm not speaking of emails and calls made since the 6.0 ship date on Monday. I'm talking about all kinds of communications with Dantz since I purchased the upgrade on 12/1. I've posted questions on these forums numerous times and not gotten a *DANTZ* answer for days. Witness my post in this thread on 1/22, which no Dantz person ever responded to (you responded to my post from yesterday, for which I thank you). Dantz has been slow to respond and has not answered the questions very clearly.

I did call into customer service again this morning and was told my name would be placed on a list to be emailed an upgrade key sometime in the next 24 hours. I appreciate that handling, but don't understand why customer service couldn't have said the same thing yesterday. They had all the same information (my license key, purchase date, etc). Part of the confusion seems to be that you're tying free upgrades to this Dec 18th date for some reason. That's one of the things I asked about to which Dantz never responded.

Other issues Dantz never addressed in posts from me: why have the two mailing lists (Appleshare file limit and Panther compatibilty) been completely silent on the whole issue of 6.0 fixes? That was supposed to be the purpose of those lists, and no messages ever went out from them. Does Dantz plan to support such lists in the future?

I hope to get the upgrade key shortly.

-mel

• 2 weeks later...

This was sent to the panther notify list:

Dantz Development Corp. announces the availability of Retrospect

6.0, the latest version of the number one backup and restore software

for the Macintosh.

This version of Retrospect includes full support for Mac OS 10.3

(Panther). Issues such as Retrospect Autolaunching and Filevault support

have been addressesed in this release.

For a complete list of new features, please visit:

<http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=28111>