"Matching takes forever

I mean Like days. It's screwed up my daily backups, because frequently it will get stuck on Matching for 12-16 hours, or even several days. My daily backups are constantly running because it takes a LONG time to run once.

I'm currently running it on a Mac Mini 10.4.6with 1.42Ghz 512MB connected to a Firewire Raid disk. Retrospect 6.1 has all the latest drivers, and client updates. I know more RAM would be desirable, but I don't have it. even so, I don't believe it's the whole problem. I've been trying to restore a disk for 2 days now, and so far haven't gotten past Matching.

Update: Out of desperation I installed the latest version of Retrospect on a brand new 2.5GHz Quad processor G5 512MB ram that I had around waiting for some server software. I installed the latest drivers, Moved my backup sets over to the local HD, configured the clients to try to get this restore finished sometime before next week. It's still sitting there hanging on "Matching Pass 1: 1 of 39 sessions Matched o of 1,318,894 files"

I realize his thing could still use some more RAM, but this seems ridiculous. Past experience tells me it could sit like that for 16 hours or more.

upgraded RAM to. 1.5GB. Maybe slightly better, but still quite slow. If I click and hold on the Retrospect icon in the dock it says application not responding at the top. Past experience has told me it will eventually move forward.

Something is not right here, but at this point I have a fast box with plenty of RAM, an out of the box install of OS 10.4.6, with a fresh install of Retrospect 6.1.126 and the 6.1.5.102 driver update installed. This should be a fast Backup server, but it has yet to restore a single file from a backup set.

What am I missing?

I haven't found the solution, but I've found a workaround for anyone else who might be in a similar situation. Searching for files instead of restoring from a snapshot seems to work although I do have to break them up into smaller chunks. I'm currently restoring the 8th grade instead of trying to do the files for all 9 grades at once.