Problems backing up laptop and desktop to ext hard drive

Running a Mac Mini desktop and ibook and trying to backup with 6.1 to an external OWC external HD. I can sucessfulling backup my desktop, but when I try to backup the laptop it erases the other backup. Created a backup set and then two sets, but when ready to execute the laptop, I only have the option of clicking on one set, and this is the previous desktop backup that gets erased.

Quote:

Created a backup set and then two sets, but when ready to execute the laptop, I only have the option of clicking on one set

Sorry, but the above makes no sense to this reader. Providing clear steps of what you're doing, making sure to use the same terms that the program uses, will be necessary for others to help you.

One thing is clear, you have configured something incorrectly for what you want. The best thing you can do is to open the User's Guide and read up on File Backup Sets.

- Your Sources should be your local volume(s) and your client volume(s)

- Your Destination should be a File Backup Set stored on the external drive.

Retrospect never erases anything from a Backup Set unless you specifically tell it to Recycle.

Dave