Zip Disk "can't erase, busy" message

I'm having trouble using my Iomega Zip 250 MB (USB external) device with Retrospect 6 and I'm running Panther OS X 10.3.9

What's odd is that it used to work, but now I'm getting an error message: "Can't Erase, Busy"

There is no way apparently to erase the ZIP disk under Retrospect, only the Apple Disk Utility

HELP!

Norman

Quote:

What's odd is that it used to work, but now I'm getting an error message

You need to ask yourself, "What changed?"

Did you make any changes to the Retrospect or system software? Could some other application be attempting to read from or write to the disk?

Can you drag files from a Zip disk to the Trash in Finder and then empty the Trash?

I assume you tried to erase the disk in the Configure> Devices window. Can you erase it in the Configure> Volumes window via the Volumes drop-down menu?

What changed? Perhaps the incremental update of OS X 10.3.4 to 10.3.9.

File Sharing is NOT on.

I am not running Norton AntiVirus or Norton FileSaver or anything that I am aware of in the background.

I CAN erase the Zip disk Configure>Volumes.

I CAN drag files from the Zip to the trash in the Finder.

It's when I try to do either an immediate backup or a scripted backup that I get the "Can't Erase, Busy" message. I have tried different Zip disks, both 100 MB and 250 MB