triangles in file listings not working

Hi,

I just upgraded to Tiger (10.4.2) and am trying to do a test restore from a Retro 5 archive (individual files). I am using 6.0.212 and driver update 6.4.102. I am having this odd problem where the triangles on the listing of the files in the archive are not responding to clicks or double-clicks. This means I cannot open or close them and hence cannot access the individual trials in the catalog in order to mark them. I don't normally have enough room on my hard drive to do a total restore so this is a problem. Anyone else seeing this behavior and any suggestions how to cope with it or fix it? If I drag the cursor through the hash marks in the left column it does highlight the files in the listing and opens up the appropriate triangles but it is a very awkward way of navigating through thousands of files.

Thanks!

Joe

• 2 months later...

It's not a matter of how fast or often I am clicking. It just doesn't work even when I carefully aim and I only click once. I notice others have reported this problem in the past and it has been suggested that it is a problem with "haxies." In my case, I have zero haxies installed so that's not it. Can anyone suggest any solutions to this problem?

I've found that I have to click-and-hold for a second or two, until the disclosure triangle turns dark(er) gray, then let go. The contents below will soon show.

I have absolutely no idea why their interface is like this (it remains unchanged in 6.1)... the scroll wheel doesn't work either. You would think these would be the easy things to implement. frown.gif