turn off client notification

When I configure a new workstation for a user I turn of the "no backup / backup completed" notification. However I use an imaging tool to deploy a standard workstation. The default for a new user is apparently not affected by my configuration changes. How can I make this change in a way that it will be reflected in the default user profile. It seems I should be able to copy a configuration file or insert a registry setting into the default user settings. I do not believe I can interactively logon to the "default" profile to make this change. Where is this configuration information stored?

Best,

Frank Kaul

• 1 year later...

Hi there! What did you do so that the client notification pops up? I've been trying to make this work for days by checking on the boxes under preferences in the client found in the Control Panel so it will notify me after a backup is done but it does not or no notification pops up at all. How did you make it work? Thanks smile.gif

Try a test:

Do an immediate backup of the client. You can change "selecting" to "no files" and see if the completion of the backup is displayed on the client.

If you do not get a "completed successfully" message on the client, what does the client "history" indicate?

Archived