-50 Feature Not Supported

Hi guys, I just got off of the phone with Dantz support. They couldn't help me so maybe someone here can. Here's what's happening. I have 4 LaCie 500GB drives and an XRaid. I have retrospect 6.0 on an XServe. All of the drives are mounted locally on the XServe. I did a backup to tape from one of the LaCies. I wanted to check to see if the files restored properly, so I selected the XRaid to restore to. Retrospect will restore about 900MB and error out. I usually have to hard boot cause it freezes. After I reboot I check retrospect's log file and I get this "error -50 feature unsupported" I can restore back to the LaCie that I backed up from, that works. But when I try to restore to the XRaid it errors out. The XRaid has some folders on it that I'm sharing. I thought that might be a problem, so i created a folder and gave admin read/write, still nothing. At the direction from the guy at Dantz support, I logged on as root and launched retrospect. Selected configure, selected volumes, selected the XRaid, selected volumes from the top menu and the configure option is greyed out. The weird thing is it's greyed out for all volumes, even the one I backed up from. So I'm stumped. Why can't I do a restore to another volume other than the one i backed up from. Thanks in advance for any help.

Configure->Volmes->VolumeMenu->Configure is only active for mounted AFP volumes; it's supposed to be grey for anything mounted locally.

You have said that Restore to the XRaid fails, and Restore to the Source volume is successful.

From that, you have concluded that Restore will fail on all volumes other then the Source. But that's not born out by the tests you have reported.

- What kind of tape storage device is in use? Is there a SCSI host adapter involved?

- What happens when you attempt to Restore the same data to some _other_ volume besides the Source (which works) or the XRaid (which fails)?

Dave

Archived