Export a directory list of a snapshot

is it possible to completely unfolded export a snapshot export directory list ? 

If i go to snapshots for a user, I can see his directory

- dir
- dir 

- dir

but I would like to see
- dir
---- dir under
-------- dir under
- dir
- dir
--- dir
------- dir

I wrote export but a screenshot would be fine also; Even better would be if we could copy that directory structure somewhere. Not sure that is possible ? I want the full directory tree, but not all of those where backed up. (in the latest)

Thanks!

svennd,

You don't say which variant of Retrospect you are using, but since you use the term "snapshot"—which has been banned for the Retrospect Mac GUI since version 8 (Engine messages still use the term, since the Engine is common code underneath the variant GUIs)—I'll assume it's Retrospect Windows.

Pages 8–9 of the Retrospect Windows 17 User's Guide are a minimal description of how to generate the new Restore Preflight report for a snapshot.  What it generates is a CSV, which presumably you have to import into a spreadsheet program (whatever that is; I assume one candidate is Microsoft Excel) in order to read.

The front screenshot on page 8 of the Retrospect Mac 17 UG shows how to tell that variant of Retrospect 17 where to save the CSV using a macOS GUI dialog.  I assume the corresponding Windows GUI dialog would be similar, but whoever in Retrospect Product Management wrote the "What's New" chapter of the Retrospect Windows 17 UG seems to have felt it was more important to show a  screenshot of how to generate the CSV—owing to the crufty old GUI of Retrospect Windows (guess which variant I use 🤣 ).

Hey DavidHertzberg,

Thanks, that would have been perfect; sadly our version came from the stone age; (windows v10) Where that is probably not possible yet; we will have to look to upgrade I assume :D

Thanks !

// edit 

I found a way; if i open them up 1 by 1 i can right click and "print" this way, i can print the structure to pdf.  cheers! 

On 8/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, svennd said:

I found a way; if i open them up 1 by 1 i can right click and "print" this way, i can print the structure to pdf.  cheers!

Try the following: Ctrl-click the "top level" item of the list. If your version of RS behaves like mine that will "open" all the sub-folders with just one click.

You may have to try other modifier keys -- I'm currently using a Mac which is Remote Desktopping into another Mac which is Microsoft Remote Desktopping into the RS Server PC. So there's some confusion as to which keys are doing what and where!

39 minutes ago, Nigel Smith said:

Try the following: Ctrl-click the "top level" item of the list. If your version of RS behaves like mine that will "open" all the sub-folders with just one click.

You may have to try other modifier keys -- I'm currently using a Mac which is Remote Desktopping into another Mac which is Microsoft Remote Desktopping into the RS Server PC. So there's some confusion as to which keys are doing what and where!

ah yes, that worked perfectly :D well I opened them by keyboard arrow down, arrow left opened them up; but ctrl-click is a super trick, i shall remember that one !

Thanks!