17.0.2 - Strange Change in Dashboard Backup Report

I upgraded from 17.0 to 17.0.2 yesterday and immediately noticed an odd change in the dashboard "backup report" chart.  Where before the "unprotected" volumes would be reflected in the pie chart (grayed areas) ONLY if there were specific volumes designated for backup that were not backed up yet, now in 17.0.2 the grayed sections appear even when there are no "unprotected" volumes designated.  Before, the volume count in the center reflected only designated volumes.  Now, the count reflects designated volumes PLUS the actual devices that host them.  In my case, instead of a green pie chart showing everything is backed up after all scripts have run, I see a split chart with extra gray segments for each device, but no volumes showing as unprotected.  Why is this?  Is it a "feature" now, or just a cosmetic bug?  It would be nice to have the option of toggling this behavior off, if possible.  Personally, I only need to be alerted to unprotected volumes if there are any I've designated for backup that in fact have NOT been backed up. 

I prefer the chart display to behave the way it did in 17.0 and earlier.  Maybe a setting in preferences could control this?

Thanks.

Walter

Thanks for the reply.  I should have included that information.  I have five Macs, all running the latest version of Mojave (10.14.6).  Have not moved to Catalina due to software compatibility with some of the (32-bit) apps I use.  I have a single server 20 client license.

I've appended a screen shot of the Backup Report as it appears after all scripts have completed and all volumes are backed up.  Up through 17.0 the chart would be all green at this point.  There are no designated volumes that remain unprotected, so the gray segments that remain now are unnecessary and indicate a possible issue where none exists.

Thanks.

Walter

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 8.03.23 AM.png