Remote Backup - "Accessing source..." : ANSWER

ISSUE : MAC OSX

Retrospect Single Server  for Mac Version 17.0.0 (149)
MiniMac 2020 i4 Quad 32Gb Ram
Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.latest

Retrospect Client for Mac Version 17.0.0 (149) supplied by my Reseller Dashboard with linked Retrospect keys
MacBooks in the Wild 🙂

It all appears setup perfectly fine and the Clients appear automatically back on the Retrospect Server in Sources.

But when I browse to add a Volume or Folder (hopefully) but ... nope, cannot find Client.

ANSWER : MAC OSX

Ensure you have added the RetrospectInstaScan and Retrospect Client into System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy.
Turn on InstaScan too 😞 #memoryhogg
Reboot
Try again √ 🙂

redleader,

I think you're saying—after posting in three threads instead of one—you've found an answer for your "Add To Favourite Folders" problem, if my understanding of the checkmark and the smiley icon following it are correct.  You could have found the answer in this Knowledge Base article, since your problem seemingly resulted from upgrading your "backup server" to Mojave. 

"InstaScan" is your abbreviation for Instant Scan, so that line in your OP doesn't look like an annotated reply from Retrospect Tech Support.  If your "client" drive(s) are formatted with APFS instead of HFS+, you shouldn't have Instant Scan turned on.  Who told you to turn it on?

Edited by DavidHertzberg
Added second paragraph

On 4/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, redleader said:

ISSUE : MAC OSX

Retrospect Client for Mac Version 17.0.0 (149) supplied by my Reseller Dashboard with linked Retrospect keys
MacBooks in the Wild 🙂

ANSWER : MAC OSX

Try again √ 🙂

🙂

redleader,

I've concluded that ANSWER is actually your demand that somebody on these Forums supply you with an answer to your problem.  Your frustration is what is causing you to spray posts in multiple topics about that problem.

I think that problem is "supplied by my Reseller Dashboard with linked Retrospect keys", meaning somebody sold you what purports to be a license for Retrospect Mac 17.  You may have to break down and buy a legitimate license from Retrospect "Inc."; I don't work for them.

Edited by DavidHertzberg
Attempted to fix messed-up edit; I can't delete the _repeat_ of the smiley outside the quote, but I could delete the repeated text preceding it