Disaster Recovery - Catalog "File Not Found"

gnoelken

Hello,

I am using Retrospect Desktop for Windows, version 16.6.0.133. One of my hard drives (not the system drive) failed on my desktop PC so I replaced it and decided to boot from the recovery CD to restore the files to the new drive. Unfortunately my catalog files were on the failed drive, but after every backup I copy the catalog folder to the drive that the retrospect backup files reside on.

When I booted to the CD and tried to restore I was prompted to find the catalog file. I drilled down to the file and when trying to open it I received a dialog box "File Not Found". When I tried the other catalog files in the folder I received the same message. My next step was to download a backup from my Backblaze remote backup onto a USB drive. Once again I received the same message. I gave up using the disaster recovery option.

I booted the PC and copied the Backblaze Retrospect catalog file onto my C:\ (system) drive. When I opened the file from within Retrospect it loaded fine and I am using it to restore my drive as I write this.

I've used the recovery CD in the past with no problems. This is concerning since I would need to use it to recover a system drive.

Thanks for any help.

Greg Noelken