Scripts intact after drive replacement

omega54321

Window 10, Retrospect 7.6

In the past, every time  I replaced a hard drive, the scripts that used volumes on the old drive would report  missing volumes and I would have to redo the scripts.

Recently I replaced a hard drive and all the scripts are intact. I'm glad that I do not have to redo the scripts but concerned about this anomaly.

Could this mean that the Matrix has been changed (just kidding), but seriously,  how is Retrospect finding the new volume on the new drive automatically.

This never happened before.

To be clear, are you running Retrospect 7.6?  It's a very old version.  I'm running Retrospect 16.  Last year, when I was still running Retrospect 15, I had the problem you described with scripts reporting missing volumes.

Which version of Windows 10?

NOTE:  Edited for clarity two hours after original posting.

• 1 month later...

I didn't replace a hard drive, or more precisely a hard drive partition, but Retrospect still reported missing subvolumes. 

I had to temporarily resize my D drive, which is DATA, to fix a specific problem.  I used a third--party partition manager, https://www.minitool.com/partition-manager/.  (It's free for home use only, where there is no Windows server.)

After running a partition resize operation twice using Minitool, one of my backup scripts reported errors because it couldn't find the subvolumes on D drive.  it recognized a new D drive and greyed out the "old" D drive.  I solved the problem by by redefining the subvolumes.