x509

Can't cancel grooming job - please see EDIT

I made some mistakes in setting up a grooming job, and Retrospect can't find the dataset member in question (my fault, apparently), so I tried to cancel the job from the window below, but the job isn't cancelled.

image.png.d1f2db84897b4abedb7f0dd28f8db661.png

Even if I shut down and restart Retrospect, the job remains active.  I seem to be unable to locate the missing member, even when I click through to the location of that member. 

Is there anything I can do to make Retrospect forget about this job.  Is there a file that I can delete, that Retrospect will then regenerate?

EDIT:  I sort of killed the job by clicking on the Choices option to indicate a missing member.  That solved the immediate issue, but I will have to try again, when I have time, to see if I can still groom this dataset.

x509

Edited by x509
updated information

I just keep cancelling until it finally takes, but I agree it's frustrating.  You might need to exit the program (which should kill the working jobs) and stop the two Retrospect services.  Then go back into the program.

Proceed to Configure | Backup Sets, select the set in questions and edit the Properties at the Members tab for a permanent fix.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, mbennett said:

I just keep cancelling until it finally takes, but I agree it's frustrating.  You might need to exit the program (which should kill the working jobs) and stop the two Retrospect services.  Then go back into the program.

Proceed to Configure | Backup Sets, select the set in questions and edit the Properties at the Members tab for a permanent fix.

That's what I had to do.

x509

On 5/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, mbennett said: