Client backup failures after update to 16.0.1

twickland

We recently ran into a number of issues with backing up certain client favorite folders. These all occurred shortly after upgrading to v 16.0.1, which may or may not be a coincidence.

In one case, a client favorite folder began showing up the the Sources list with the tilde "offline" icon. Browsing the drive volume showed the folder as still having the stripe icon. To solve the problem, I needed to forget and re-add the favorite folder.

In a second case, the favorite folder was not being backed up, returning a -519 network communication failed error. However, I was able to browse the folder in question from the Sources list, after which it was able to be backed up normally.

In several other cases, the folders stopped backing up with a proactive script. After backing them up with a regular script, they were once again backing up with the proactive script.

I discovered these issues after the clients appeared in the "No backup in 7 days" list. For now, I will assume the problems have been fixed. 

The issue was reported to Retrospect Support