Gintzler

Force script to start using new backup Disk?

Hi all,

What's the best way to force a daily backup script to start using a new USB disk? We currently have "1-BackupDaily" on the set. I know it will automatically ask for a new disk, and call it "2-BackupDaily" when this one fills up but on want it to go to a new disk now.

Retrospect v6.1.230 w/ Mac OS X Server 10.6.8

Retrospect 6? That was a long time ago. See if I remember correctly. :) 

Is it a file backup set or a disk media set? I do not think you can add a new member to a file backup set.

For a disk backup set, you can probably add a new member manually. Or you can have disk 1 disconnected when the script runs and Retrospect will ask you what to do. Then you should be able to add the new disk as a new member.

7 minutes ago, Lennart_T said:

Retrospect 6? That was a long time ago. See if I remember correctly. :) 

Is it a file backup set or a disk media set? I do not think you can add a new member to a file backup set.

For a disk backup set, you can probably add a new member manually. Or you can have disk 1 disconnected when the script runs and Retrospect will ask you what to do. Then you should be able to add the new disk as a new member.

It's a disk media set. I think I'll give the latter one a try. Disconnect the current USB drive and connect the empty one and see what happens.