jdb2

Retrospect error -1103

I own a copy of Retrospect Pro 15.6 and I've been receiving the following error message on my system drive :

File "C:\Users\[censored]\OneDrive\": can't read security information, error -1103 (write protected)

I followed the instructions to remedy this problem here . Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. Also, when I next ran Retrospect, I got an error which read :

Scanning incomplete, error -1020 (sharing violation)

But, the above hasn't occurred again, since I changed the Retrospect launcher login credentials.

For reference, I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 on a Dell Alienware 17 R5 laptop, and I'm backing up to a Western Digital 4TB My Book external USB 3.0 HDD.

Any help would be appreciated,

jdb2

On 10/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, Lennart_T said:

Thanks so much! :D

This got rid of the -1103 errors, but, strangely, as before, after I changed the user settings for Retrospect, I got the same

Scanning incomplete, error -1020 (sharing violation)

But, I haven't encountered that error again since I changed Retrospect's user credentials and I've gone through 17 backups without any errors :).

Thanks again!

jdb2

Well, I went through 18 successful backups and now Retrospect is giving me the same -1103 error, with the same drive and folder mentioned in the OP.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

jdb2

jdb2,

I'm a Retrospect Mac administrator, but I understand this is basically a Windows OneDrive problem under Windows 10.  Since you went through 18 successful backups before the problem came back, I suggest you take a look at this post.