zz-pdb

Backups "freeze" part way with no error

Many of my backups have stopped part ways. At the moment there are 5 scripts stopped on "Scanning (C:) on blah-computer", 1 script mid copy (performance and time remaining/elapsed are not moving), and 1 script in "Finding 'another-computer'"

None of these are showing any relevant errors or warnings giving me a clue as to why it has just stopped. I'm able to pause but not stop these are all i can do is force a reboot. This happened on one other occasion and stopped all scripts from executing as well. The interface is still responsive.

Interestingly the logs show the last entries at about 7-730 pm but all I can figure from that is they all stopped "at the same time"

Also, not all of the scripts stopped, some scripts finished after this time period.

The version of Retrospect you are running and the OS of the Backup Server and the Clients would be helpful in offering you suggestions.

Also thoroughly check you network hardware. A momentarily failing network switch, which I have had, can wreak havoc with backups.

Over the weekend I had the same type of freeze\hang with the console stuck at "Finding next-computer-to-backup". I'm running Retrospect for Windows Multi-Server V15.5.0.179 which I upgraded to last week. Before that I was running V15.1.2.100 for a while for no issues. It's on a Windows 2012 R2 server and the only thing that changed was the upgrade of Retrospect so I suspect its and issue with V15.5.0.179. The backup computer is running Windows 10 Pro 1803 64bit agent version V15.5.0.179.