Execution Incomplete - how to fix

addimoore

I just discovered that Retrospect Professional 7.7.620 has not done it's daily backup since May 18.  Here is what the log says: 

+    Duplicate using Duplicate of Addi at 7/29/2018 11:30 PM
    To volume Duplicate of Addi on TOSHIBA EXT (J:)...

-    7/29/2018 11:30:21 PM: Copying Addi on HP (C:)
        MapError: unknown Windows error 1,920
        TPCFolderLoc::NextFind: UGetInode failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy16\Users\Addi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps, osErr 1920, error -1001
        MapError: unknown Windows error 1,920
        TPCFolderLoc::StartFind: UGetInode failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy16\Users\Addi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe, osErr 1920, error -1001
    Scanning incomplete, error -1103 ( write protected)
    7/29/2018 11:38:31 PM: Execution incomplete

I am NOT a techie - just a normal user.  Can someone please help me understand what went wrong and how to fix it?  Thank you very much!

addimoore,

There's a whole thread on this Forum related to a problem with the Windows April 2018 Update.  This post, on page 4, may be a good starting point for your reading—forwards or backwards to this post.  The "June 13 update" the page 4 post refers to is bug fix  #7445 in Retrospect Windows 15.1.2.100, as mentioned at the top of these cumulative Release Notes.

Thanks so much for pointing me to that thread.  In checking my Windows version more completely, I discovered that I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Installed 5/19/18 (which is exactly when Retrospect stopped working), and OS Build 17134.165.

The date of my Windows update doesn't correspond to the April 2018 update or the June 13 update but hopefully I will find (and understand!) what I need in the thread you highlighted.

5 hours ago, addimoore said:

The date of my Windows update doesn't correspond to the April 2018 update or the June 13 update but hopefully I will find (and understand!) what I need in the thread you highlighted.

addimoore,

You misunderstand; "the June 13 update" does not have anything to do with a Microsoft Windows update, but with an updated version of Retrospect Windows.  Since you say you are still running Retrospect Professional 7.7.620, you might try what hevanw reports worked for him/her here, which is "disabling the 'Save space and download files as you use them' setting" plus "disabling OneDrive altogether (Unlink PC/account and then remove the entire OneDrive folder) and then linking my account again which then again downloaded all files".

If that doesn't work, you may have to take the financially-painful step of upgrading to Retrospect Windows 15—plus what MrMikeH reports doing here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who contributed and tried to help.  I have come to the sad conclusion that Retrospect was never intended for a casual user such as myself and I have always truly been in way over my head since the beginning.  As long as everything worked, I was OK.  But, whenever a glitch popped up, I was completely at the mercy of others and dependent upon them to dumb things down to my level.  So, I have taken the much delayed but much needed step of uninstalling Retrospect and installing a much simpler (and free!) backup program for now (AOMEI Backupper).  Again, I truly appreciate all of you and the service you provide.