Retrospect 15.0.0 error -1011 (API request impossible)

sjmills,

As you probably know, -1011 is generated as a result of an OS problem in accessing a file.  You can look at the macOS error messages (you don't say what OS version you are running, but presumably it's macOS because of the Forum you posted in), and possibly also look for -519 Retrospect error messages.

This is the only thread I can find using Advanced Search that deals with -1011 errors on Retrospect Mac.  It may give you ideas.

Since you have upgraded to Retrospect Mac 15, you may still be within your 30 days of free phonecalls toTech Support.  If not, here is why and how to file a Support Request.

Mayoff, I am requesting the bug fix version for v.15.0.0.190 users asap. We recently upgraded the server to v.15 and I am progressively upgrading each of the clients. I was seeing a lot of the error code listed below while we were at v.14.5 but the error codes are continuing after upgrading to v.15. Very frustrating!

"Can't access volume..., error -1,101 (file/directory not found)... Compressing catalog file...Execution incomplete"

CherylB,

It used to be possible to contact the head of Retrospect Tech Support via a Forums post, but he's stopped reading the Forums routinely for the last year or so because he's too busy (he lost his assistant). You'll either have to phone him at (888) 376-1078 or (925) 476-1030 and press 3, or submit a Support Case.  If you're still on your free temporary ASM from having purchased Retrospect Mac 15, IMHO phoning might be easier.  OTOH it sounds as if a Support Case will have to be established, because IMHO there needs to be beta testing done on the fix.  In case you don't realize it, I'm just a Retrospect user having no financial connection with Retrospect Inc..

Thanks David. I did submit an email Support Request earlier this morning. Here is the response. I am just now starting to test this solution.

Agent Response: 

For -1101 errors, please try this pre-release test version of Retrospect:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
The Retrospect Support Team

CherylB, I have removed the link you posted to this thread. This is not an official product release and we don't really want the link posted to the forum. We need to know which customers are running this version.   If other users need this release, please contact support directly. 

I just contacted support.

BTW, isn't this forum supposed to notify me via email of replies? I've received none. If not, that's very annoying and unlike most forums. I see a Notify switch below this edit box that is off. I'll turn it on, but that should be the default behavior!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's what was in files I tried to send:  

Computers are Mac’s running OS 10.13.4 or 10.13.5

From the logs:

DATE  TIME   Connected to COMPUTER NAME  (CN)

*Resolved container CN to 2 volumes:
    cn on cn
    CN on cn

+Can’t access volume cn on cn, error -1,101 (file directory not found)

Retrospect then continues to the 2ndvolume (CN on cn) and ends with “Execution completed successfully.”  

In another instance there is one volume but the error message says:

“Folder  CN/private/var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/Store/,

+Scanning incomplete, error -1,101”

Retrospect continues to build and store a snapshot. Completes with 1 execution error. 

I sent in an email to Retrospect Support yesterday:

Agent Response:  Can you send us a copy of the operations_log.utx file from library/application support/Retrospect? We can review the log to better understand what may be happening. 
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
The Retrospect Support Team

I sent a zip file of the operations_log.utx file this morning. 

• 2 months later...