redleader

-519 -530 again and again and again

Oh well, #sigh

I have a few Macs.
All on WIFi
All on DHCP
They have to be this way, because they roam from office-to-office, client-to-client, home-to-work-to-home ... like laptops do.

The error -530 and associated -519 has be around in almost every version  of retrospect I have used for the past 20 years.
I can never find the solution, apart from a full client reinstall, and I can not be doing that every week TBH!
Is there ever going to be a stable answer?

Each Mac, Client and Server has no firewall or anti-virus FYI.

The fixed desktop Laptops that do not leave the office have no issues.

The laptops returning to the office login automatically to the WIFI and have no network issues for everyday work; email, www, ftp, server shares, printing ... what so ever.

Server: Mac OSX 10.11.6
Client: OSX 10.12.6
Retrospect 13.5

Please don't say 'upgrade to the latest version of Retrospect or I may have to slap you :-)
That has never been an answer to this issue.

Edited by redleader
mac specs updating

If redleader is getting -530 and -519 errors only on laptops logging on to the WiFi, but not on computers permanently cabled to the LAN, I suggest reading this post

All of my client computers are connected to the LAN by Ethernet cable.  However 3 years ago, when I started using Retrospect again, I was getting errors—and I now believe they were -530 errors—until Alan of Retrospect Tech Support told me to give the clients static IP addresses.  The post linked to in the preceding paragraph tells how to do it for my particular router.  Since it is done by associating a particular LAN address with the computer's MAC address (which as you can read here has nothing to do with whether the computer is an Apple Macintosh as some people think) that should work for all redleader's computers—including those connected over WiFi because that connection must also be through the router.  He/she should talk to his ISP or router provider.

Edited by DavidHertzberg
Reworded second prgf. to emphasize that setting static IPs via the router should work for WiFi-connected computers