Restore Failing - Won't Even Begin

Using Retrospect 13.0.1 on Mac 10.10.5, I'm having this restore completely fail. It is a 19 LTO tape media set. I had the original media set file and was running into this problem, so I tried a repair and that didn't help. So I tried to rebuild the media set fresh and now that hasn't helped either. Which is annoying because at 19 tapes, it takes almost 2 weeks to do.

When I first try to do a restore of the entire source volume, retrospect does nothing. It shows nothing in progress, nothing started. To get it to even start the job, I have to go in, tell it to restore selected files and folders, then browse into the media set and check the main folder, and proceed from there. From there, I get this error (note: tapes 6 & 19 showing up as missing is not part of the problem):

+  Executing Restore Assistant - 7/21/17, 1:01 PM copy at 7/21/17, 1:04:47 PM

To volume XSAN on TetroXSAN...

Warning: volume XSAN on TetroXSAN has the "Ignore ownership" setting enabled.

-  7/21/17 1:04:47 PM: Restoring from TetroMedia XSAN, Snapshot /Volumes/TetroMedia, 7/28/09 6:39:38 PM

No files need to be restored

Reported missing by user: "6-TetroMedia XSAN"

Reported missing by user: "19-TetroMedia XSAN"

7/21/17 1:04:48 PM: Creating folders

7/21/17 1:04:48 PM: Finished creating 0 folders

State information not restored, can't access Snapshot

7/21/17 1:04:48 PM: 3 execution errors

Duration: 00:00:01 (00:00:01 idle/loading/preparing)

• Like 1

The key words here are "No files need to be restored".

That means (at least) one of three things.

1. You have not selected any files to be restored.

2. You have a filter that filers out the files you want to restore.

3. The files already exist on the destination.

The key words here are "No files need to be restored".

That means (at least) one of three things.

1. You have not selected any files to be restored.

2. You have a filter that filers out the files you want to restore.

3. The files already exist on the destination.

Well, option 3 is right out, because I'm restoring to a freshly formatted drive.

This media set is operating unlike any others I've worked with. If I just tell it to do a full restore and restore everything in it, retrospect never even acknowledges the action and thus never starts the job. I have to tell it to restore selected files/folders and then manually browse through the media set, in which I select the root folder to be restored, and then Retrospect will acknowledge the job and begin, but that's when the error occurs. I know that there are files to be restored because I manually selected the main folder, yet it's acting as if nothing is there.

Got it working finally.

For some reason when I would manually check the core folder of the media set when setting up the restore, it would see it as selecting no files, but when I opened up that folder and manually selected all items within it (not literally every file, just the folders within it), the restore began to work properly.