Restore VERY Old Retrsopect

Is there a tutorial for restoring VERY old Retrospect files using Retrospect v13? I managed to dig up an old iOmega ZIP drive and was able to copy the storagesets from some old backup discs to my 2016 Mac. Now I need to get into those files. I purchased the latest version of Restrospect in hopes of accomplishing this.

I have files from 1998 in Retrospect version 4. I also have some from version 6 of retrospect. I have the files and have tried to go to Media Sets > Rebuild > File and selected a storage set entitled "Freelance Backup" (v4). When I do, I get an error: "Empty catalog file or not a catalog file". 

It has been MANY years since I have used Retrospect. The new version is dramatically different than the one that created these files. 

In addition, I have some newer ".rdb" files from 2011. Those too get the error: "Empty catalog file or not a catalog file".

Is there anywhere I can download an OLD version of Retrospect I can install on an old Mac laptop that is probably running OS9. If I can find a power cord and a method for getting this info from today into this ancient Mac.

Downloaded and installed Version 8. But I cannot open it. I get this error:

“Retrospect” can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

When I click the "?" a window opens with this:

The app’s authorization has been revoked

There may be a problem with this app. Although the app was signed by an identified developer, the certificate for the app has been revoked, and it cannot be opened.

Check with the Mac App Store or the software developer to see whether there is an updated version of this app.

Downloaded and installed Version 8. But I cannot open it. I get this error:

“Retrospect” can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

When I click the "?" a window opens with this:

The app’s authorization has been revoked

There may be a problem with this app. Although the app was signed by an identified developer, the certificate for the app has been revoked, and it cannot be opened.

Check with the Mac App Store or the software developer to see whether there is an updated version of this app.

I think you can change this under System Prefs-->Security. It is a (misguided) "security" feature of newer Mac OS:es to disallow apps from outside App Store.