AutoLoader not recognized

I can not seem to get my autoloader to show up (the loader button in the Configure>Devices dialog)

I have read all the posts I can find here and have changed the SCSI ID's for my autoloader and drive with no success. This was working before 5.0.205 (5.0.203) and OSX 10.1.5 (updated this morning)

The drive is showing up as SCCI-A:4 Quantum DLT4000 CD50 DLT 20.0 DC (1.35) in the currently visible devices along with a Toshiba DVD-ROM/CD-RW (atapi device)

I have the Autoloader set to SCSI ID:1 and it is not showing up.

I tried reinstalling Retrospect Workstation from the CD, but it still says 5.0.205 as the version.

I am running this on a G-4 400 MHz with 384Mb of RAM running OSX 10.1.5

The autoloader runs fine under 9.2.2 on this machine by the way.

I had to replace my SCSI card and I am using the Adaptec 2906, OSX driver 1.1.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you completely uninstall Retrospect, and then reinstall from scratch (check that it's x203) does the problem persist? We want to isolate whether it was the 10.1.5 update or the Retrospect update that is responsible.

Thanks,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Irena:

Problem solved. I did a full uninstall with the CD, but the Loader button still didn't show. I decided to go a step further, thinking some things might be loaded at startup based on my corrupted? version and uninstalled again. I then restarted and installed again. (build 201). Now the loader button showed immediately and the loader shows in the Device Status... dialog. I upgraded to build 205 (I don't have 203 anymore and I don't think it is still on the website) and the Loader stilll showed. I rebooted and the Loader still showed. All of this under Mac OSX 10.1.5. Thanks for your wise question. I must say this has been a trial. I have been a Retrospect user for a dozen years or more and this is the most difficulty I have had. I know you are up against a whole new set of rules with OSX, and being a developer myself, I know how difficult it can be. You have a great product and I am delighted to be up and running again. By the way, I hope you or your marketing department saw the review at:

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2866547,00.html

Regards,

Bruce Sauls

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... I seem to have a similar problem.

ADIC 1200 Autoloader with Wang DAT DDS-2 drive

Retrospect 5.0.205 (Workgroup edition - required for ADIC1200?), OS X 10.1.5

Adaptec 2906, 1.1.0 driver (nothing else on the SCSI chain)

I have tried changing the SCSI IDs (they are now 3 apart) and doing a complete uninstall and reinstall (as suggested in this thread). But I still can't get the "Loader" button to appear (ie it stays as Eject). Both the Drive (Driver= WangDAT DDS-SC (4.08)) and the Changer (DRIVER = SCSI) appear in the Device Status window.

Any other suggestions? (I've had the changer working in OS 9 but this is first time I have tried it in OS X)

Adrian

More information about my problem (I started a separate thread).

In actual fact I can't get it work with Retro 5 in OS 9 either.

It doesn't appear that the driver is loading in OS X or OS 9 (OS X reports the driver just as SCSI while OS 9 says (no driver)).

Retrospect 4.3 reports the driver as "Adic autochanger (4.07)" and works correctly.

Adrian

Archived