4.3, OS 9.2, Imation 8x2x20 cdrw - no driver?

My Yamaha 2200 just died on me and I am trying to temporarily replace it with an older external Imation 8x2x20 CDRW, which is a supported drive according to the database as of Retrospect 4.2. I am running 4.3 currently with RDU 2.5 under OS 9.2, but the drive shows up in device status as "no driver". Any suggestions?

Info from device status: ID - 0:4, vendor - Imation, product - CD-RW IMW080220, version - 1.01, driver - (no driver). The Yamaha is still on the SCSI chain but will not write/read any longer. Info for it from device status: ID - 0:3, vendor - Yamaha, product - CRW2200S, version - 1.0D, driver - Yamana CD-RW (1.50). Using Nero Max I am able to write a valid cdr with the Imation drive but just get frisbees with the Yamaha at this point.

According to the supported hardware list the Imation CD-RW IMW080220 is supported or at least was supported as of Retrospect 4.2. Does Dantz remove support for drives??? I would not have even attempted to get it working if the drive didn't appear on the "ok" list!

You are absolutely correct - my apologies. The drive wasn't showing up in the initial search due to a typographical error. Can you try downloading the newest version of the Retrospect Driver Update v2.5? You can find it at:

www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=updates_mac#REB

Place the actual driver file directly into the Retrospect program folder and relaunch Retrospect. Check Configure > Devices > Device Status and see if a driver is now being loaded.

Archived