Retrospect 10.5.0.110 does not finish backup

jjevans

Retrospect 10.5.0.110 does not finish backup due to the application just closing ~one hour into backup which is 8% of the backup. This is clean install on Windows 10. All drivers updated.

What can I do to have it complete the entire backup?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you,

JJ

No, different times and different clients. It ran fine for two days, then failed, then failed again in 2 hours. It seems to get progressively worse until I reboot. 

40+ clients. Proactive & regular scripts both fail.   Using two USB external drives, both fail. Task manager showed the app gone but the processes still there but no activity.

• 1 year later...

pplicit:

I am not a Retrospect Windows administrator.  However the Knowledge Base document "Retrospect 10 for Windows System Requirements" says, under "System Recommendations",  "For Windows 10, Retrospect requires the 64-bit version".  Is the 64-bit version of Windows 10 what you're running on your "backup server" machine?

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, looking back at all the silent application closings I found the common factor was the backup set. I recycled (emptied) the backup set, started fresh and have had no further problem.

I have often transferred the latest snapshot from one set to a another recycled one and this may have perpetuated the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, looking back at Performer 8 and all the silent application closings I found the common factor was the backup set. I recycled (emptied) the backup set, started fresh and have had no further problem.

I have often transferred the latest snapshot from one set to a another recycled one and this may have perpetuated the problem.

I'm having the same issue with the backup, but this didn't help at all. It still continues to crash. Does anyone have any other ideas?

• 1 month later...

I tried many things and this setup is what works now:

I use only proactive backups (not scripts) of the  backup clients container on an alternating days schedule.

I do not let the backup sets groom - when they get close to full, I recycle them and start over clean, always keeping another set up to date.

My selectors exclude most of the windows system files, including users files & programs only.